Saturday, July 6, 2013

What I wore...

Last night was "First Friday" here in Fredericksburg. It is a night that all of the art galleries host an opening reception for their monthly shows. 
The painting above is one of the pieces I chose to show this month. Several people commented on my outfit's close resemblance to the colors in  my artwork.
This is what I wore.


I wore this Lilly Pulitzer Nina dress that I treated myself to for my birthday.

I carried my new Kate Spade Christy bag too.
It must be serendipity that there is the cutest boutique, Monkees, just across Caroline Street from the Art First Gallery where I am showing my work. I bought the dress and handbag there.
Could be a dangerous combination!

6 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Yes, you did go with your Art! Amazing!
This is a very interesting combination.....you and the "shop". It looks like a great one!
Enjoy!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

How fun! I love that dress and bag, btw. Did the painting sell?

Karena said...

Darling outfit and wow painting, it is almost Monetisque!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

The Pink Pagoda said...

Oh, I know you looked great!! Am I stereotyping to think that few artists wear Lilly dresses? : )

An Urban Cottage said...

I really like that painting!

The gallery district in Boston and all the adjacent artists' studios do the same thing on the first Friday of each month.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Your painting is gorgeous...how was the show?