Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Guess which one I chose!


#1

While waiting for my son's perpetually late (but very good) guitar teacher to start and complete Monday's lesson, I traipsed on over to Home Depot in search of a semi-flush mount light I  spyed earlier.
This is for the little one's barely pink room and I want it to be an uber-feminine style but not a chandelier.

#2
I am posting the Instagram shots because ironically, the lighting in the lighting department of HD stinks.

#3
Which do you think I chose?

Before I spill the beans... a few asides.
Instagram, Follow me here. I am still on private but chances are I will check the allow thingy. Its just one of my neuroses.
Also, the owner of this guitar shop and I have chatted during down moments about the painted guitars in his shop. I really wanted to find one to paint myself.


 Long story, made short, he gave me one to paint and instead of insisting that I let him show it off in his shop, he very kindly asked if I would consider showing it there.
 I'll most likely just give it to him. 
I thought that was awfully kind.
Life is good.


Ok, I chose the second one and for the first time in my life it was the least expensive choice.

What awesome thing have you found or received lately?

P.S. If you are local to Central Virginia, My first "First Friday" at Art First Gallery is this Friday 6-9 pm. Do come if you are able. I would love to see/meet you.

6 comments:

Karena said...

very cool to be painting a guitar Kerry, I hope you will show us!

I really like the fixture you chose, simply elegant and perfect for a girl's room!

Xoxo
Karena
2013 Designers Series

Vel Criste said...

Love it both, but I too was thinking of the 2nd, it's feminine and fun!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Perfect choice!
Your new "career" with guitars is great and sounds like fun!!

The Pink Pagoda said...

That fixture in a pale pink bedroom will be beautiful! Can't wait to see! And, I'm looking forward to seeing the guitar! Rock on!

Unknown said...

I love that fixture and considered using it in my family room but I tend to choose everything girly. So I went in with something clean and masculine. I'm still getting used to it. You go girl.

Unknown said...

That light is perfect for H's room!!!!! girly and she will feel so fancy! I love it. Love that you are spreading your art everywhere including guitar shops!!!! Yay!
xo Nancy