Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A new project and a new blog


I recently sold this painting to a local customer and reader of my blog. The painting was one of my first forays into expressionism. I was really excited to see an email from her yesterday sharing her new blog, Pursuing Vintage. Check it out.

I am just starting a piece of art work that will either be really awesome or an epic fail.


I stretched hot pink silk on a stretcher frame with the intention of using clear gesso and painting in oils. Luckily, the smart me took over and tried the clear gesso on a sample of the silk first. Yuck. It looked gross and took away the vibrance of the color. I sparyed it with fixative (for stiffness) and sketched my figure in  charcoal and got out my acrylics.


I did five preliminary sketches of different poses before settling on this one.
Here she is, half done.


There is much more to be done but I honestly haven't decided on all the colors yet.
Oh yeah, anyone want to do a guest post?
I have so much on my plate currently but I don't want to just disappear from blogworld so I am looking for guest posters.

8 comments:

Karena said...

Hi Kerry, Keep sending people over. Your feature is getting a great response!

I love your new work of art! It is progressing very interestingly!

How great that you have a client who appreciates your art so much! That painting is an explosion of vibrancy! I will check out her site!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Artists Series-

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out! I'm so excited to join the blogging world!

-kristen

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Oh, Kerry, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

i love that new to me blog. It's nice to read how busy you are. Of course I guest post for you. Let's chat about it.

Unknown said...

I am always enamored with your paintings. Wish I could help you out with a guest post, Kerry. I'll let you know if some time frees up!

Stacey said...

I first saw your work on Karen's blog! I am a colour lover, so I was immediately smitten! Love these pieces and I've gone mad about pink of late, so that pink piece is calling my name!!:-)

Unknown said...

This is looking awesome! Never thought of painting on silk, can't wait to see how this goes... You can always count on me friend for a post, anytime.
xo Nancy

Stacey said...

I forgot to mention that I'm open to doing a guest post. Just let me know...