Tuesday, July 16, 2013

New weekly feature

Mickey Mouse club (the really, really old one) had a special guest every Tuesday.
I am going to feature a painting/artist of the week every Tuesday. It will always be by someone other than me and I hope I can introduce you to someone new along the way.
If you ever have a suggestion let me know too.

"Feeling the pinch" 36 x 36 by Wedy Mcwilliams
Today its all about Wendy Mcwilliams
I have been stalking her art on Pinterest for quite some time.
I am very drawn to basic emotions that it evokes and her liberal use of black to create both shapes and negative space. Her exuberant brushstrokes create, for me, the visceral reaction that art should give you.

"Delicious poison" 36 x 36 Wendy Mcwilliams
Wendy sells on Etsy HERE
and is on Pinterest HERE

10 comments:

Vel Criste said...

More to look forward to on your blog then Kerry! CHEERS! Thanks for broadening our artistic horizon! Loving Wendy's works!

An Urban Cottage said...

Wow! Feeling the pinch...LOVE!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

It is always good to be exposed to new artists and different styles of expression. Thanks.

Kim said...

Love learning about new artists! Thanks for taking the time to introduce us!! xo

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I have always wanted to try to paint an abstract painting...thanks for the introduction..

Woodside Park said...

These are really powerful pieces! Thanks for introducing us to this artist! x Loi

Karena said...

Kerry you know how much I love features of artists! I will have another post up when my computer will cooperate!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Design Series

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Great idea! Very creative ....as you are!

Stacey said...

I love art and get very excited when I am introduced to talented artists! Thanks for the intro!

Unknown said...

Very cool---great series idea, too, btw! Love it.
xo Nancy