Monday, July 1, 2013

Project pile up


Does this ever happen you? You have a project you wish to start and you realize that to be done properly you need to tackle something else first. The trouble is you can't tackle that until you do another thing (or maybe two) and just give up in disgust.

Recently my husband declared loudly that a major priority would be to finish the library. It is a room just inside my front door that was temporarily set up as a bedroom for my stepson. The bed was one of two matching twin beds from my little girl's room and it is still there.
I recently chose the paint for my little girl's room and posted about it. It seemed smart to leave the other bed downstairs until the painting was done. My mother in-law's visit derailed that paint job so it is still not done.


You see, months ago, I mentioned not painting that room because there is a useless door to the bathroom on one wall. I was told that it wasn't going to be closed up until we redo that bathroom.
I just want the walls painted so it doesn't look like something out of a gothic romance any longer.
Last night the genius handyman says, "Aren't we going to close up that door before painting?"
It was his birthday so I did not strangle him.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your schedule of events sounds like mine. So freaking frustrating. Hang on there, Kerry!

Unknown said...

So true, so true. That's why I say just finish it as much as you can til you get it off the list, even if it's not 100%. ( Im not a perfectionist you can tell!) I can't stand unfinished things, and I have a few Im guilty of! good luck!
xo Nancy

Karena said...

Dear Kerry, It does seem as if there are several items on my list that ties in another project and on & on.

xoxo
Karena
2013 Designer Series

Vel Criste said...

Hahaha! Again, your hit nail on the head Kerry! Good luck, hopefully no 'must-do' will pop up again on you!

Pura Vida said...

It reminds me of cleaning my kitchen after a Saturday night with friends...where to begin?

An Urban Cottage said...

Story of my life. I wish I had a mother-in-law to blame.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

That's a riot!
So, so typical!

The Pink Pagoda said...

That sounds like my projects. So, nothing moves forward and I'm driven crazy!

StagerLinda said...

Wow, are you inside my head? I drive myself crazy with projects, jumping from one to another, getting frustrated with they don't turn our exactly as expected--then bailing. Your post made me laugh--and feel better. Thanks Kerry!