Monday, July 22, 2013

Big news, new work and new shop

"Sweetest revenge" 24 x 30 oil and charcoal on linen
Happy Monday! This is a really great Monday in my book.
I wanted to share some new work today as well as some exciting news. Today I have mostly a series of blue and white on linen. I would love to do a boat load of blue and white studies. I am also liking sepia and white (see below) it is a warm brown and purplish black that I find really beautiful.
Jennifer of The Pink Pagoda, is sharing a few of my blue and white paintings today too, as part of her blue and white Monday series.

"Blue study 1" 24 x 30 oil and charcoal on linen by Kerry Steele
After thinking long and hard I have decided to transition out of selling original canvases on Etsy. It has been a wonderful place for me grow and connect with new collectors of my artwork, so I am sad to move on in a way.
 I will continue to offer prints and paintings on paper on Etsy. The reason for this is that a necessary price increase, I believe, prices me out of Etsy with my originals on canvas. Paintings on paper and prints will remain the same price.
I will offer a sale of some sort as part of the transition very soon.

"Find Autumn" 30 x 48 oil and acrylic on canvas by Kerry Steele

So where can you buy Kerry Steele original work?
I have set up a new shop as part of my site KerrySteele.com. The URL is shop.KerrySteele.com but there is also a simple link on my home page.

"Mod light" 24 x 30 oil and charcoal on linen by Kerry Steele
The big news...
You will also be able to see my work at Blue Print store in Dallas starting in August.
For those of you not familiar with Blue Print, it is an interior design mecca owned by five interior designers. One of my favorite artists, Sally King Benedict, has her work there along with other well-known artists and now I will too!
 I am so very excited!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

So excited for you! Your web site looks fabulous! Good move! Congrats on Blue Print! What an exciting time in your life. So proud of your accomplishments Kerry!
xo Nancy

Unknown said...

That's great Kerry!! All around super!:) looks like lots of fun things happen in the south!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Big and exciting news, for sure! Congratulations on your decisions, they make great sense to me. Off to Jennifer's to see your stuff.

Julia Ryan said...

Seriously great news for you! Although I guess this means I'm going to have to keep saving even longer to purchase one of your pieces! It will be well worth the wait!

xoxox

Unknown said...

Kerry, I could not be happier for you! I'm so proud that I've had the opportunity to following along on your progress. I wish you tons and tons of continued success!!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Oh cool, how exciting! Congrats!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Congratulations!!!! Bravo!!!
GREAT, GREAT NEWS!

Vel Criste said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on the transition Kerry!!!! So happy for you!! Love your new work dear and as soon as my kitchen is done, hopefully we can talk about a piece for me (finally!)!!!

julielorusso@gmail.com said...

Congratulations Kerry! So happy for you, you deserve it. Your work is really fantastic!!

Christina Baker said...

I can not begin to express how excited I am for you and how crazy I am about this new body of work. It is your best work yet Kerry!! Your future is going to be so bright!! I am so happy for you!

The Pink Pagoda said...

I'm beyond thrilled that you're going to be at Blue Print!!! I was going to go in there this week, but may wait until I know that your work is there and ready to be viewed!

Woodside Park said...

Such beautiful new pieces! Congratulations on everything, Kerry!!

Karena said...

Dear Kerry, I am so excited! I know what is like to have your art in a beautiful setting!

While I have lost the desire to paint these past two years; I love seeing and supporting the success of my fellow artists!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Designer Series

Woodside Park said...

Just visited Jennifer's post today. Love this new series and your blue works, Kerry! Really fabulous!!

My Notting Hill said...

I've visited Blue Print a few times when in Dallas for work. That is huge!!!! I have an upcoming trip at the end of Sep and am looking forward to seeing your work there.

Stacey said...

Super excited for you! Love these pieces that you featured today too! Will be checking out your site for sure.

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Congrats! That is terrific! And I love the linen series you're doing!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I just saw her post with your work...love it all...your blue and white series is my favorite...

Tiffiany Shaw said...

Yay! So glad that things are going so well for you! Very exciting about the new venues for your art!

Tiffiany Shaw said...

Yay! So glad that things are going so well for you! Very exciting about the new venues for your art!