Monday, July 15, 2013

Things to play with

My fabric designs
Do you ever feel like avoiding the things you should be doing and resort playing with things online? I am not talking about Candy Crush Saga (I am never talking about those games) I am talking about the wealth of sites that let you customize their product and see it before you order.
Here are my faves.
We all know about Spoonflower, right? It is a deep hole to fall into. I have uploaded and tweaked image after image only to notice that it is suddenly 2 am.

http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/kerrysteele

Fabric is something I can never get enough of so I have played with Spoonflower a lot. It is one of my favorite diversions.

I was catching up with one of my favorite blogs, Privilege and found this personalizer from Crane & co.

Cute, right?
Why stop there? Did you know that you can design your own US postage?


There are several sites but I  tried Photostamps.com and it is actually real postage.


I had a ton of fun playing with my paintings on stamps and trying the customizable ( albeit ghastly) borders.

 I had a hard time visualizing what exactly would look good surrounded by a border of hearts or balloons but they are available.

Found anything good to play with lately?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I had the vision to play around with fabric design. Glad there are good talented folks like you who know how to make it pretty!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

oh my goodness - isnt that so fun?! wouldnt it be so great to order stamps with your paintings on it!

Vel Criste said...

those are indeed fun Kerry! Love the first stamp you made!!!! Super cool with your painting on it! Been crazy busy packing up my kitchen for reno, that I hardly ahve time to blog! Enjoy your free time dear!

Pura Vida said...

oh my gosh...I am the person who always asks at the post office for pretty stamps..these are magnificent!!! What a very clever idea to "sell" your work!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Spoonflower sounds like so much fun. Love the stamps with your beautiful art work. I'd buy some!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I don't think I get caught up with the same things you do, but I definitely look over at the clock and think....what the heck? That stationary site looks like it could be a big time killer for me...fun!