Friday, November 23, 2012

The day after (un-design related)


I hope you all have survived Thanksgiving. My day was surprisingly relaxing. Wednesday was kitchen craziness day so Thursday only involved cooking the turkey and a couple of side dishes.
Did your kitchen look like an episode of "Hoarders" after the big meal? Mine did, minus the bugs.
Since we had no guests we were free to lazily do as we pleased. So I watched TV, something I rarely do.The two 17 year-olds are grounded so they have been playing hacky-sack everyday. I had no idea how funny this was to watch. I got a good belly laugh out of it and my husband can barely walk today.

Not my kids. They can't get their legs that high.LOL!
It turns out that they were running out of hacky in the sack and wanted to go after-dinner Thanksgiving shopping. I don't know what possessed me to say yes but I did.  Probably the fact that everyone refrained from annoying me and the teens were pleasant to be around. First stop was Walmart. It was surreal watching the same guy with a huge TV crisscross the parking lot looking for his car while we looked for a space. I was really thankful that Walmart did not have hacky- sacks because the lines were miles long.

We went a few other places with no luck. Where are all the hacky-sacks!?


Today we ate pie for breakfast and I have a huge canvas staring at me.
This has turned out to be a really nice holiday for us with lots of laughing.
You too?

5 comments:

Kristie said...

We also had a quiet Thanksgiving and was able to lay around after the feast and let our food finally find its eternal resting place! Ha :)

Lenny Lianne said...

Bob and I had a nice Thanksgiving:
no cooking. We went to Black Angus
restaurant at 2pm with one couple
and a widow. The others had the
"Thanksgiving feast" with a coupon and Bob and I had steak,
lobster and shrimp dinner (also with coupon). Then we we
went to the couple's house for pie (3 flavors: pumpkin,
wild berry, & Jack Daniels pecan pies), coffee with Bailey's,
and good company. We brought a bottle of almond-flavored
champagne. This was one Thanksgiving we didn't feel
bloated after the meal.

Unfortunately, Bob missed the Redskins whopping Dallas.

And there's no way I'm driving anywhere on Black Friday --
so it's "at home" and working on the next holiday.

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful and good for the soul. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Windlost said...

Hi Kerry, sounds fab. I love the Hoarders comment! I dislike clutter so can hardly stand my house on a normal day but big cooking days always make me feel exactly like that!! I went to the mall yesterday since apparently Canada has adopted Black Friday too even though our Thanksgiving was in October!!
Love your big canvas and easel and wonder what you'll create there? Xo

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

It sounds like a wonderful day.....we had a great Thanksgiving also. Thank God for fat pants! I ate way to much!