Friday, November 16, 2012

Smart Swedish stuff

match tealight holders
I stumbled upon this Swedish design firm, Form Us with Love last night and was charmed by the clever items in their trove.
In 2012 Form Us With Love was named by Fast Company as one of the worlds 50 most influential designers shaping the future.

Those little votives with a slit to facilitate match lighting was the first to catch my eye.

Form pendants

I have a tenuous relationship  at best with most lighting but I kind of like these as a group.


Prosthesis
This prosthesis clothes hanger is not much to look at (in my opinion) but for the short on space it would be a Godsend.


The slideshow for their "Dandy" exhibition is not to be missed.



The concept looks clever and very well executed. There are photos of the display pieces being created.
I encourage you to check out the site. I spent quite awhile exploring it. The navigation is slightly unusual but I am sure you will get the hang of it.

5 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love Swedish style. I find the minimalist approach refreshing. On my way over to their site now.

Unknown said...

I love swedish design and thank you for the introduction! Will pour over their site.
Have a great day, and your family room btw looks so awesome if I might repeat myself!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Kristie said...

My favorite design style! My bedroom suite is Swedish and I love it! It's about 10 years old now and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I just finished checking out a website called Butiken...I could have spent the entire day on this site!

Have a great weekend!

Woodside Park said...

Are you cheating on me with another Swedish company? ;-) Thanks for the intro....will ck them out!

Vel Criste said...

Just finished browsing thru their amazing pieces - I love that swedish design is so simple yet sophisticated still. Thanks for the heads up!