Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Salad days

"Salad days" 20 x 20 by Kerry Steele

Thank you Charmaine! It seems resizing the pictures works. Wheew! I am still playing with what size looks right.
I was just posting some recently completed paintings today.
"Salad days" would best be described as painting a fragrance from memory. Do you remember the smell of certain perfumes that adults close to you wore when you were a child? That is "Salad days" to me.

"My husband loved Bo Schembechler" 20 x 20 by Kerry Steele
About a month ago, my husband said, "You should do a football painting so that more men would buy your art." Take a minute and imagine the look on my face. Luckily, he clarified his ridiculous statement by saying, "still an abstract like always but in a team's colors...like Michigan."
So here is my Michigan painting.

Here is a bad nighttime picture of a large commission I am working on. Its a very gray day so I doubt I could do much better at the moment.

Thanks again Charmaine!

4 comments:

charmaine said...

Yay! It worked for you too.
I am loving salad days!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Salad Days is great! Love it! And the inspiration behind it.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

That commissioned piece is stunning. My husband and I are arguing over who must troubleshoot the computer issues. He thinks I'm the IT person.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Such beautiful art work...love the colors!