Friday, December 16, 2011

Oh how fickle I am

I am feeling a little under the weather and I have a "to do" list a mile long. I thought I might sneakily recycle a Christmas post from my old blog, GoodtasteGoodtasting but instead I found a opinion of mine that I forgot all about.
It is about 2011 Pantone color of the year, Honeysuckle Pink.
Read this and be sure to see the last photo--funny.

Are they serious?

Pantone announced their 2011 color of the year to be Honeysuckle or in lay terms... pink.

I think it is rather odd and perhaps a bit juvenile in its feel. Personally I adore pink dresses, shoes and accessories as a part of my summer attire but not my house.

Here is how Pantone describes its applications in interiors.
" Home Interiors
Honeysuckle is upbeat and dynamic when used on large areas like the entry area of a house or an apartment. It is an appetite and conversation stimulant when used on the dining room walls. In the kitchen, it adds a fun touch on the table in placemats and other linens (patterned or solid), colored glassware, candles and small appliances. Honeysuckle is a great color to cover up shabby kitchen cabinets, or, if that’s too much of a color statement for you, try repainting knobs and drawer pulls. But be warned – once you try this arresting shade, it can become addictive."

It just feels too unsophisticated to me. Maybe for outdoor furniture or something in a cabbage rose chintz.


I just think it is limited in its appeal because it is so feminine.

Agree?

Ok, I am back in the present. Check out my first floor bathroom.
Its not the best photo, I know, but it illustrates my point--and with out a toilet!

I am in love with 2012's color. More about that in the future.

What do you think?


Don't forget to enter my giveaways HERE and HERE for these...
both end Tuesday December 20th.

5 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Sorry you are not feeling well! I hope you use the new color...I would love to see how it looks.

An Urban Cottage said...

I felt the same way about the pink. Not loving Tango either. I know I'm boring but give me a nice gray any day.

Dovecote Decor said...

I came by via Karena. Glad to see your shop, and yes, I can do pink as long as it is not Pepto Bismal. I shall follow and search your store. Come by and do the same.
Best,
Liz

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would like pink anywhere but perhaps a guest bedroom or a little girl's room. I totally agree with you on that.

Not sure about the tangerine tango? It would depend on where it is used.

Kris

My Beautiful World said...

Another lovely post my friend, so nice to catch up again. Sending you and your beautiful family special wishes for a very Merry Christmas Day and look forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

Always Wendy