Friday, December 9, 2011

The holiday kid's table

Next year I may be the Christmas host once again.
Yay.
There will have to be a separate children and teen's table because it looks like there will be at least 11.
I am already mulling over the options for table decor.
I think green napkins with dinosaurs HERE will be kid pleasers and work with seasonal colors.

I don't think melamine plates are necessary as my kids tend not to toss their dinners across the room but the variety of adorable and inexpensive options is huge.
These cuties are available HERE

I think this vintage tablecloth is adorable and would be great but not with the dino napkins. It is one or the other. I would probably use a plain white cloth with the special napkins if only for it's bleach-ability.

These candy centerpieces would be a delight although perhaps a distraction from "real" food.

 I think a stack of "presents" would work too.
Since the little kids will be ages 3 through 10,  I'll need to figure out a fun little activity for the teenagers to help with and kill a little time.

I have all year to pull together my ideas!

No comments: