Sunday, July 1, 2012

New paintings

"Boxwood garden" 20 x 24 acrylic on canvas by K Steele HERE

I have completed a few new paintings. The one above is a bit of a departure in terms of abstract style but I am very happy with the result. The painting sat for several days with a gray background and two green shapes and then I kind of launched with lots of paint and little thought. It was a real "expressionist" experience.

"Running before the wind" 16 x 20 on canvas by K Steele

Lots of people want to see more of my nautical abstracts so this is the latest.


This is another figural abstract. It was a very different process for me. I used plain unstretched, unprimed canvas and sketched with pastel, painted, sketched again and scribbled with oil pastels. I have not decided whether I want to add more but it will eventually need to be mounted to a board.

6 comments:

Woodside Park said...

Wonderful, Kerry! I really like these! Especially "Boxwood Garden!" I'm looking forward to visiting you and seeing your work in person.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Kerry, that second one has so much movement. Wow, you are so busy. Do you paint outside? It has been so hot, I would be surprised.

Unknown said...

Hey friend! Love the work, especially "Running before the wind!" very cool. Hope you have a great week, and that our paths meet up soon!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I love Boxwood Garden! So fun to look in on your talent, Kerri!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The nautical nude is my favorite! I love the color combination you used. It's gorgeous!

Becca - Rebecca Atwood Designs said...

I love the colors in the second one!