Friday, July 13, 2012

Blowing up a classic


Bombe chests are the ultimate in girly, French classic looks. I love them as an alternative to a bar.

my own Bombe that has been moved and restyled

I love them styled with modern art on the wall to balance out the sweetness. My own Bombe chest has just that, a vignette with modern art.


There have always been less ornate versions available and in the last few years I have seen even more pared down, modern versions.



Trendy takes on the style are everywhere too.




Would you go for an original, replete with ormulu trim or a more modern, perhaps trendy version of these?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the black bombay chest myself, and that last one is fabulous! If I weren't trying to jointly style my home with my conservative hubby, that would be in my house. He would think I've gone plum crazy..Maybe if I pick his old football number? hmmmm
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Anonymous said...

I like the original look but I have to say that the last image is gorgeous too! Very clever idea!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love the last three. A twist on a classic is fun for me. Besides, the real ones have become major $$$

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I would take the classic style with all its fabulous scrolly details and mix it in with some modern pieces. Great post!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

An Urban Cottage said...

I like the one with the 07. It's like putting a modern or loud fabric on a Louis chair. It keeps it from getting to serious.

The Pink Pagoda said...

I just don't do French for some reason. If I did, I'd go with the original!

Karena said...

I love the way you have styled your traditional Bombe chest. I might pick one like the Pink one in a different color finish blue/ grey perhaps.

I have posted a Special New Giveaway on my site

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Anonymous said...

i have always loved bombe chests, yours is a beaut, did you get it locally?