Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Inspiration:photos to canvas

Luberón by Kerry Steele
This painting has been around for a month or so but I just listed it on Etsy with these inspiration photos.



Mine is an abstraction to the largest degree. I can't explain how I get from the inspiration photo to my abstract vision. I suppose I take the colors and shapes and shake gently.
Here are a few more.

These flowers are inspiration...


for this.
Arrangement in cut glass 24 x 30 acrylic on canvas by Kerry Steele
I have to say that my camera might be my undoing. I just can't seem to get clear color. Or maybe its my computer.


This photo of Senanque, in France became...

"Senanque" acrylic on canvas by Kerry Steele

 This garden's colors were the inspiration for my painting "Boxwood garden".

"Boxwood garden" acrylic on canvas by Kerry Steele

Also....sigh.. I am using this inspiration photo for a large painting but I am not liking it so far.


I am not complaining. This still never seems like work. I love to paint.
 I should share that I used to be of the thought that art, real art, should come from a deep angst or negative emotion.
I painted "there" before but have found far more success and admiration for my work in this happy place that is now.

You can check out more of my inspiration on my Pinterest board "Painting Inspiration"


3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are looking so good! I know what you mean about clear intense color- do you tweak them in iPhoto or photoshop? You certainly brought out the best colors in your paintings! Have a great day.TTY soon.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

When you show me the inspiration image, I get it. But without that...I can't figure out how you are able to just paint such beautiful pieces!!

Kim said...

I wish I could be so artistic to do what you do!! That is what makes you special. I see the connection, but would never be able to paint or interpret the way you do!!