Thursday, February 16, 2012

I hear red

Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways.-- Oscar Wilde
Not Chinese Red, but lovely
The verdict on black was a big NO in yesterday's post. Only two commenters had the guts to go for black.
So how about red? Or more precisely, Chinese Red?

 
Chinese Red leans heavily in the orange direction. Think of the color of a very ripe tomato.
 
Would you incorporate this color in your decor?
It doesn't necessarily have to have an Asian feel.
It is certainly at home in Western design.

Brennan's New Orleans
 It can feel too orange if paired with certain other colors.

via Apartment Therapy
So, would you incorporate Chinese red in your house?
Would you do it in a big way, like on the walls?


I will not think any less of those who hate it, but I will tell you that it is one of my favorite colors. It energizes me and makes me happy. You could even say it speaks to my soul.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes please dahhling... in the same flat where I had black walls in the bedroom I had a bright red dining room with red & white toile drapes! the rest of the flat was lemon yellow walls! (think English country colors!)

Ivy Clad said...

Definitely do sign me up for Chinese red. Alessandra Branca is one of my favorite designers and she accents with it a lot. I love it!

Keri