Monday, January 30, 2012

Orange you glad

Did you ever feel as though you needed permission to like something?
Those of us who are not always confident in our likes and dislikes, may have felt that way a time or two.

I suppose it just comes with maturity.

However Pantone's endorsement of orange, or Tangerine Tango, might just be a color story I will never forget for it's validation of my second favorite color.


It happens to be besties with my ultimate favorite, pink.


Ah youth!

I really love the combination of orange and pink. I view it as the ultimate in "girliness" without looking too shy.


Personally, I was happy embrace Tangerine Tango even without Pantone's help.



This week my very pale pink living room with its rust velvet Brno chairs will get another tiny infusion of orange in the lacquer tray from West Elm in the first photo.


It will replace the Chinese baby hat here
HERE

4 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I can't wait to see that in your room. The orange is so fun.

Anonymous said...

Kerry,

I feel bad...I'm just not an orange fan! There must be something wrong with me because everyone else loves it!! I don't know what happened to me.

I do think the tray will look lovely where you are going to place it because it adds a pop of color there.

Kris

Morgan said...

I LOVE orange! I wear it all the time and definitely want to incorporate into my new home. :)

Tiffany said...

Hi,
I'm new to your blog. I totally know what you mean about not feeling confident at times about what I like. Part of me wants to slap myself and say "who cares what other people think, if you like it go for it". But, I do feel sometimes like I need the validation as well.
I do love me some tangerine though (although I may not have admitted it before now-HA!)