Saturday, November 19, 2011

Stylish new living room under $3000-really?

In my own search for fabulous interiors I have noticed a great deal of deals and splurges.
I have made most of my interiors come together through good deals with the occasional splurge.
Above,  is my $3000 living room from scratch.
I will break it down below.
One would hope that family or the local thrift could amply fill in with the accessories that I have left out.

The fantastic British architect Sally Kelly, offers affordable original artwork like this one for $30.
There is no excuse for owning mass produced art-ish things. 

I paired it with this one of Sally's for $35
 I have several of her wonderful paintings.

This Parker cocktail table is $199 at o.co
Don't forget shipping is only $2.95 but buyers  beware the returns are not so easy.

2 of these side tables from India at o.co equal $358 for the pair.
I am mixing metals and styles for an eclectic and collected look.

On to seating...
The Karlstad loveseat is $479 from Ikea
and the two chairs take up a large chunk of the budget.

Two of the Cielo chair from CB2 at $599 each eats up almost half of the budget.

Two of the Felicity lamps from World Market are a total of $260

 Small pillows from World Market at about $45 for three and a few vases like these


Add to this two gallons of Sherwin-Williams Super paint
(a fave product of mine)
at $40 each, equaling $80 and now lets add it all up.

Original art $65
Parker cocktail table $199
Side tables $358
Sofa $479
Chairs $1200
Lamps $260
Paint $80
Pillows and accessories $85
__________________________
Grand total $2726
 What could you do with the $274 dollars left?
There are always give and take spots to pair what you have already. Any good designer will help a client find the best things to keep.
Next...
total luxe.

2 comments:

Karena said...

Great job Kerry!! I love Sally's art! Perfect.I would use the rest of your budget on another pair of great pillows.

If you like blue/ a blue/grey would also look super on the sofa and it pulls another color complimentary to the paintings.

Love and Hugs,

Karena
Art by Karena

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

I love those paintings! Such a great way to lift a room!