Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jenny in the house **update**


It is gray and rainy here, hence the bizarre lighting, but I could not wait to snap a few pictures of my latest art purchase.
The large painting was done by Jenny of MFAMB fame.
Her blog is  daily read of mine and she often showcases her marvelous abstract paintings there.
No curtains :(
  I was hoping for a "ta-da" reveal of my finished living room by the time I hung the painting but, alas it was not to be. I am thrilled with the painting and the extra modern touch it brings to the space. I am aiming for a 50/50 balance of modern and traditional.
Bombe chest is now between the naked windows

I have yet to deal with the lack of curtains and get a different coffee table.
The other chairs (not the Brno chairs shown here) are out for reupholstery, so there is progress being made.

I am hoping all of this will be done by January 1 but that is kind of silly.
The holidays are already cutting into my design time.
Luxe living room picks are coming after Thanksgiving, as promised.
**update**
Its is surprisingly bright out today, November 23 so I snapped a far better picture and just thought I'd share it.
truer colors in this one
Happy Thanksgiving all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the room looks lovely, I really like how you're using disparate bits and pieces, I've got one room that I just can't get right, it's so bland and it's driving me nuts.