Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Inspiration


I was drawn to this room because of the huge bookshelves and the overall relaxed feeling of the space. It is a good example of getting the mix right and a keeping the look liveable. There are gorgeous spaces that are out there that I can't help but wonder where they put down a drink or curl up with a book. I think about what it must look like when the kids play in there. In short, they are too perfect to really live in but this room is not. The rug, Saarinen table and Eames chair (far right) work nicely with the English arm sofa and traditional chair. The green curtain adds a little drama without being ridiculous.
I just want to jump on in and spend a little time relaxing.

5 comments:

Karena said...

Kerry I agree, a beautiful,liveable space! I always have little tables or garden stools for a drink, magazine, or plate of treats to sit on!

I hope you will Come and enter my amazing Cross Bottle Guy Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the built-in bookshelves and have always thought having a ladder to reach the upper shelves of the bookcase would be cool.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

love the rug.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Agree, Kerry! This is one comfortable yet beautiful room! Love it.
Happy Sunday.
Teresa
xoxo

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

The green drapery is perfect for spring! Love the dose of color to awaken such a light filled space...my idea of the perfect afternoon spent reading and relaxing!

Thanks for visiting and leaving awesome comments, hope to see you back soon!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com