Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Oh no! Paint

That is really me

Today and tomorrow are reserved for painting the library at our house. Finally, my husband has two days off in a row and it was his idea to tackle the project. If it had been my idea...uh...no, it wouldn't be happening.
My point is, I am busy but here is a preview.

Screen grab from S-W color visualizer

First let me tell you that this is not my house or my stuff pictured. Y'all know I could not hang that fugly art and I won't even bring up everything else in this travesty of a room. The wall color is what is important here. It is Sherwin-Williams Chinese Red- 0057. Last time I painted a room red my husband and I were dating and I almost got the boot over 5 and a half million coats it took to cover. This time I bought tinted primer and better paint.
I don't get anything from Sherwin-Williams for telling you that many of their products are great. I particularly like their Superpaint because it actually covered maroon in one coat. I was using light blue to cover that vampire blood color!
Today I am using Duration because the Superpaint did not come in Chinese Red. Apparently it is so pigment heavy that only certain formulas can be mixed in that color.



Wish me luck. I hate painting but not as much as my husband does.

5 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

You are going to be so happy when this is done!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the results. Happy painting!!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Oh, I can't wait to see this one. I have been dying to try that SW Chinese red! I know it's going to be fabulous so get working on it already!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

An Urban Cottage said...

I tried painting a kitchen dark red once and 7 coats later, I gave up and painted it white.

I've since heard that painting the wall a dark gray first gives you the dark value you need for an undercoat to compensate for the transparency of the red pigment.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hi Kerry, wow, sounds great. It took me 7 coats to get a non streaky blue in my kitchen, even with gray primer. Must have been cheap paint. Good luck, hope it goes smoothly and quick! I'll call you tomorrow .
Nancy
PowellbrowerHome.com