Friday, November 8, 2013

What were you pinning last year?

One of my first pins

I was in search of a pin recently and noticed a trend or two in my boards. The things I was pinning a year or two ago are different, for the most part, than what I am pinning now.


I don't pin much that is not art related these days and there is a decided edge to my choices.


Sometimes I don't even like the elements of a room that I pin.


I am chalking it up to desensitization of my eyes. Yeah, its pretty but if it doesn't get my attention, I don't pin.
What are your criteria for pinning?


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm trying to be more selective with what I pin now because after I starting looking at some of my boards I was surprised at what I pinned. I'm need to find the time to edit some of my boards. But when?

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

For me, it's all about the picture. I have never thought a lot about it, I just want it to make me smile. Or laugh!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Pinning has helped me learn more about what I like and don't like. I'll have to go back through and see if I can tell any difference between now and last year. Interesting!

Woodside Park said...

Hmmmmm, all my pins look similar. I still love 80% (+) of the photos so that is a good thing!!

Vel Criste said...

Good point Kerry. I agree with the desensitization, I am pinning less now but seeing and pinning more what I truly LIKE and LOVE. :-)

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Kerry...what a pretty and colorful floral!