Friday, August 3, 2012

Playing with toys

If you are a design junkie, like me, a new aquisition is like a new toy is to a kid. You style and restyle around your new goodie and wake up the next day with a "better idea" that you can't believe you did not think of sooner.


Last night, when I got home from an annoying trip to Richmond, I was pleasantly surprised to see a box awaiting and I knew what was inside.
I ordered two trumpet vases from The Pink Pagoda store and spent some time playing with different looks.


I tried it with my truly ancient ginger jar but the scale bothered me.


I liked it with this ginger jar and it even worked with the African textile underneath.
The main problem is that my great, great-grandmother's soup tureen usually lives on this table and there is no good alternate spot for it.

It is blue and white but it is English. English, Chinese, and African didn't work for me.

 
 This is how it is now but I am sure that those vases will move around my house "visiting"  all of the other blue and white in my collection.
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful vases! I do the same thing...move things around and around. Husband doesn't understand why I do this! HA

The Pink Pagoda said...

Thanks so much for the mention, Kerry! Your house is beautiful! Jennifer

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Beautiful, Kerry. Jennifer has the most beautiful pieces. I love the painting too!
Happy Friday.
Teresa
xoxo

designchic said...

They look beautiful in you home...such a fan of blue and white porcelain!

Unknown said...

Love it Kerry- and love packages waiting for me when I get home (who doesn't). Hope you have a great weekend.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Karena said...

Kerry gorgeous pieces from the Pink Pagoda!! I too love to move my little treasures around and see where they look best!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
2012 Artists Series featuring Larry Thomas