Thursday, October 20, 2011

Designing a room around an icon

I have longed for curtains made from the iconic Brunschwig and Fils fabric, Le Lac for a few years.

The chinoiserie print has a multitude of colors without appearing garish or overdone.
Designing a room with this fabric a the showstopper is easy, just choose your colors and go.
 There is plenty to choose from. Here is how I would do it.


The color cues are easy enough to trace.
1. Peach walls
2. Brown velvet sofa--remember my obsession with velvet?
3.Quirky green leather wing chair
4. Pair of Chinese styled stools- following the chinoiserie look
5. Oversized antique bird prints-- I just like them
6. Simple sleek tables and lighting-- glass coffee table, leather parsons console and chrome lamps
7. Classic Persian rug
Of course floor to ceiling panels in Le Lac, perhaps with a subtle touch of brown or red trim on the leading edge.


Unfortunately, at well over $300 a yard I will have to do without for now, but dreaming is fun.
Maybe yellow walls or plain grasscloth...

3 comments:

The Pink Pagoda said...

You've designed a beautiful room!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love this fabric. Don't give up, when you least expect it.... somehow....it will turn up!

Anonymous said...

Great colours, I love the toils by Manual Canovas, they have a really great colour mix too.