Friday, June 22, 2012

Finished...finally and a contest of sorts *Updated*

"Being there" by Kerry Steele acrylic on 36 x 48 canvas
I posted about this painting the other day showing the unfinished state at the time. It took a ridiculous amount of time compared to most of my paintings.


It is large. 36 inches wide and 48 tall.

Nighttime photo of "Being there" shows the iridescent highlights
 There is a touch of iridescence that looks great in low light. It is very hard to capture in pictures but it shows somewhat in the above photo where there are bright whites.
I did not use the Tobacco leaf china as inspiration but the colors are the same. Hmmmmm.
There is a the prize of a small (11 x 14) commissioned painting for the person who can figure out the title of that painting and its inspiration.
UPDATE
It seems that there is confusion here. The title of the painting is "Being there" I just wondered if anyone got the reference and could explain it. It is not ridiculously obscure.
Mom, don't tell!   LOL!
It is for sale, email for pricing.




12 comments:

Kim said...

Gorgeous as always! I actually see a woman in the background watching what might be a young girl smelling the flowers in the foreground!! I know, everyone sees something different. That mom is "Being There" in time and space!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

It is beautiful. I see a woman watching her daughter dancing. I am calling it "Motherly Moment".

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I guess I should be clear, the title, "Being there" has specific origin. If you can name it, I will do a small custom painting for you.

Anonymous said...

This is a tough one, but I'm determined to win one of you art pieces! Does it have anything to do with the movie named "being there"?

Anonymous said...

I know your colors are inspired by your oriental rug. I'm stretching, but hopeful I'll touch on something that could be correct. :)

Anonymous said...

Kerry,

I don't have a clue what the name of this painting is...I wish I did. I like the iridescent highlights that shows up at night. It brings to my mind summer evenings and lightening bugs. :) Very nice!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Oh Kerry I have no idea but I hope something brilliant comes to me! Your paintings are beautiful and I'm already jealous of the winner!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

Great job my friend! I love it, but I have a mental block right now after staring at the ocean for a week. Im resisting getting back to reality. I see someone sitting in a garden of flowers.. tulips and such. I love this one best of all.
Love,
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Gorgeous painting, Kerry!
I can sees you in Lilly. Your paintings are Lilly colors!
They would go perfectly with the furniture!
Happy weekend.
Teresa
xoxo

Karena said...

I agree with Teresa re: Lily your works are so wonderful. I wish I could guess at the origin of the painting!!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
Artist Series 2012

Linda {Calling it Home} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda {Calling it Home} said...

OOps, my bad. "Being There" ...can a computer perform as well as a human? Movie 1979