Saturday, March 17, 2012

Put a little "green" in your day

OK, so here it is. I was wrong. There is such a thing as an all natural cleaner that works.
For years I refused to buy natural cleaners fearing that the overpriced hype would leave a cloudy film and dirt in its wake.
I read something recently about Mrs. Meyers Geranium scented counter spray. I was skeptical.
The stuff was hard to find around here.
I have vinegar in a spray bottle and I am not opposed to good old fashioned chemicals.
Whatever works.
Yesterday I finally found the Geranium scented spray.
Its smells heavenly but more importantly I cleaned my stove easily and without streaks. I hate streaks. I was delighted to see that I could use it on pretty much anything, so I did and filled my house with the cheerful scent.
There you have it folks...
a little green on St. Patty's day.
P.S. My maiden name, Kerry Burke is about as Irish as it gets. Maybe I'll drink a Guiness tonight.

4 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

I LOVE Mrs. Meyer's. Lavender is my scent of choice but all the scents are great. I got some samples of Basil last year and loved it but I've never seen it for sale. I love the dish soap in particular because it makes washing the dishes a zen experience. (Not really, but the lavender scent coming off the hot water is nice.)

Happy St. Patty's to you, Kerry Burke. I'll have a Guinness for you.

The Pink Pagoda said...

I kerry, I've been meaning to research green cleaning products. The others have started to give me terrible headaches, so I'll try Meyers. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day and a wish for the luck of the Irish to you!

I've been using Mrs. Meyers for years and I love it and Caldrea. Both have wonderful scents and do a great job of cleaning.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I was wondering if it really works. OK, I'll try it!