Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy heart day!


So how is the famously loved and hated holiday going for you?

I would have posted this a week ago but I never know when that sneaky husband of mine is actually going to read my blog.
I saw this idea and had to make it. We have almost a million decks of cards so that cost me nothing. I bought some metal keyrings that I will hold the deck together with once holes are punched. The hard part was coming up with 52 freakin' things! Don't get me wrong, I very greatly enjoy my husband and thought this would be an easy feat. Around 24 I was struggling...grasping at straws...mentioning old stuff. Oh well, it should go over big.
He is also getting a large chef's knife and saute pan.

Updated photo


Me? He has such a hard time and I don't know why. I suppose it is that he is a practical sort and I just want something pretty that I might feel guilty buying for myself.
His first idea was a handbag. A few weeks ago I unknowingly bought my own.
He would have opted for Vera Bradley and I am totally over that.
He actually bought me a soda stream machine but after a few hinting conversations I said I did not want that. He was annoyed and stumped.
Kerry to the rescue!

HERE

I have been really wanting some of my own fabric for pillows but feeling like it was too indulgent.
I got three fabrics to make pillows.


HERE
I am so excited! I am figuring that the reality is more like Easter pillows though. Once the fabric arrives I send it to my workroom in PA. Silly, but it works for me.

What is on your Valentine's wishlist?

6 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

That card idea is really cute. I think I would google around for 52 things to write. This is so funny that you are treating yourself to your fabric. I would have thought you had a huge stash of it. Can't wait to see the pillows.

Vel Criste said...

I love the card idea, will pin that one so I wont forget for next Valentines. I love the 3 fabrics you chose for the pillows and I think its still a perfect Valentines gift. :-) Still waiting for my gift - I gave my hubby a 3 Valentines card and a DVD of the first movie we ever saw together, "A Walk in the clouds". :-)

Woodside Park said...

You are so clever :) 52 is quite the list, haha.

I've been sick as a dog....I just want to get better.

Happy Valentine's Day, my friend!!

StagerLinda said...

The cards are very clever. But I love that you treated yourself to fabric! Designers just have other things that turn them on!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I love that idea for a gift! And I wish I had asked for your black and white fabric!

Melissa Corre said...

I did the same thing for my boyfriend!! I found my inspiration on Pinterest and couldn't believe how thoughtful it was (and cheap)! Mine is a bit different than yours and I found a breast-cancer edition deck that was pink :) I too was afraid my boyfriend might see my blog so I told him not to look. Although I'm almost certain he doesn't read it anyway. Take a look: http://www.madeherlook.net/2013/01/valentines-day-craft-idea-for-your.html
xx Melissa
madeherlook.net