Monday, February 25, 2013

3 trendy classics that I will never tire of...

How can something be a "trendy classic"? Well, I simply mean that there are classics that happen to be getting a lot of attention right now. I won't tire of them and keep buying them.
The first on my list is Oriental rugs.

Since I was very little I loved them, imaging romantic flying adventures on them and the inside of a genie's bottle filled with layers of the carpets.

I inherited a small Persian and have been slowly collecting my own.


I just bought this one on eBay and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

The second thing on my list is blue and white porcelain.


I have much of my great-grandmother's collection and I have been adding to it with antiques and new pieces as I find them.

My latest and yet to be delivered eBay buy
A recent auction find

Trumpet vases from The Pink Pagoda

I am not new to loving this color palette. In my first house everything in my kitchen had to be blue or white or blue and white!

The third on my list will be no surprise. It is abstract art. But not just what I paint.

A small mixed media that I bought for my living room
Linda Monfort
This abstract by Linda Monfort was my very first Etsy purchase and inspired my painting "Into elan" which hangs in my daughter's room and is not for sale.

"Into elan"

She likes to touch it because "The good dreams are in there"


I will not tire of this...ever!

Do you have anything to add to my list?

10 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I've got the blue and white. Now I just need the rug and art. :)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

You got me! You have inspired me to get out my rug. It was my Grandmother's. The ends are raveling, but I think it will be OK in the Master Bedroom at the foot of our bed. I will try it for a few days and see if it is safe. Surely would love to be able to enjoy it!
I would never tire of that room either!!!

Vel Criste said...

Amen with the blue and white and the rug too Kerry! Art-y trends do change but not one's tastes. The art works you love will always be classic and trendy to you no matter what! As for me, I think anything brass will always be trendy classy. Have a nice day dear!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Although I'm not a blue/white lover for my own home, I do enjoy seeing its use in others homes. My love would be the classic antiques with marble. Have to agree to never tiring of the room although the blue walls would have to go.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

My list is the same as yours. Loving blue & white porcelain (and my collection is growing too), oriental rugs (they hide everything and go with everything), and abstract art - yes! Love Linda Monfort. I became a fan of her work a few years ago when I saw her paintings on ebay.

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Tiffiany Shaw said...

Such a sweet story about "Into Elan". The print is in Madeline's nursery and I hope she loves it just as much when she is old enough to notice it!

Windlost said...

Kerry, I would say the "good dreams" are in everything in your house. All lovely items and a lovely colour scheme around them. I adore blue and white too, but steer clear of Persians as I cannot seem to decorate around them. I am really trying to find two small chinoiserie blue and white lamps for my guest room but they are all large. Love all your pieces and your new one..

xo Terri

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I have a few posters that I brought back from the UK. I still love them. Especially the vintage lady.

Pura Vida said...

No...the look you are creating and surrounding yourself with will never go out of style..it is your style and a very good one

Unknown said...

Loving those adorable abstract paintings ; like the Etched Glassthey make the living room colorful and lively .