Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Alternatives to the ubiquitous

Someone once asked me the question with puzzled disgust, "Why do you always have to be different?" I do have a contrarian streak that compels me to zag when zigging seems to be the thing to do.
I came up with a few trendy items that have been around for a bit and an alternative for us zag types.

Cute but everywhere. Instead of this...




Not another Beni!


I like this neutral alternative with a geometric pattern from Stark.


Truth be told, I almost bought one of these last week and I don't hate them.


Here is my alternative gold metal accent piece, also from Target.


What have I left out? Many things I am sure but I have canvases calling me.

1 comment:

therelishedroost said...

Agreed!!! Shake up the trends with a twist on what everyone is doing!! Great post, K