Monday, August 11, 2014

Big and bigger


I have mattresses on my mind lately. I am wishing I had a more comfortable one on my king size bed and I am shopping for one for my son's first apartment. Did I mention I have to put it in my car next week for the four hour drive to school?
I double checked the twin length and we are a go for shoving it in my minivan but it got me thinking about the Wyoming and Alaska King beds.
Where do you get such a thing? Sheets? Won't most staircases be a problem? Um, doorways too?


I recall master bedrooms during our house search that were too cramped for our regular King size and it really made me wonder how a 9 foot by 9 foot bed would work in a space. Photos were hard to come by.



I found this photo that made me laugh. The decor was funny but isn't there some reality show about my three wives? Maybe that is why they were invented.


Is it bed overkill?

7 comments:

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

What is the point? Why not go back to the two twin beds? I think it's called Alaska King because it would be like 1 person sleeping in Virginia, and the other in Alaska -- the distance would be so huge!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious. I had no idea about all these XXL sizes. Good luck with taking your son back to school. Have a great week. xo Nancy

StagerLinda said...

Too funny! I'm with Kristen, why even bother sleeping in the same bed.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I never heard of the Alaskan or Wyoming mattresses!!!
We have am "Eastern" king and it's more than we need.
For your son.....a twin or full at the most would be adequate, especially if you are moving it yourself.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Dude, unless you were running a harem why would a bed that big be necessary? And you are right, you wouldn't even be able to get them in the door!

Unknown said...

I never knew this even existed. The hubs and I have a queen and we're due for a new mattress. I think I'm going King or Cal King. Happy Monday Kerry!!!!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Hope it goes well. We had a CA King in CA....duh, and when we moved to NJ I could not find sheets that fit! Now we have an Eastern King. Funny.