Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Room of the week



The architecture and fine pieces of furniture and art in this room are quite beautiful. They are classic and mixed in style which is a great combination. There are many elements that I love here but I am going to nitpick.
I love books on a round table but I find it slightly confusing to also have chairs pulled up to the table. The thought crosses my mind that some crazy person would leave them there while eating.
Next let me pose this question: When you have a fresh flower arrangement, do you mix in a few plastic stems, you know just to fill it in?
Yeah, me neither. 
So why in the heck are there fake palms inches from real ones...indoors?
Discuss.

9 comments:

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

The fake palms are weird... totally not needed. Pretty room, though. Makes me think of warmer weather.......... if only...........

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Do you think the fake ones were photoshopped in? They look really strange, but I love the room.

Vel Criste said...

I think they were trying to disguise the fake ones since they decided in the end that huge fake plants weren't the "in" thing in decor nowadays. :-)

My Notting Hill said...

I'm thinking the fake ones are always there like - like columns and the stylist added in the palms. Have a feeling it all looks more unique w/out the real ones. Do love the room too.

LUCY WILLIAMS said...

oh my goodness! i was loving the picture until i read about the "fake palms"-YUCK!!!! what were they thinking?

An Urban Cottage said...

I would also bet this is an entryway table that some heinous stylist threw chairs around. It's just all too bizarre.

Kim said...

Very keen eye my dear ... yes, either chairs or books. Not both, very weird indeed. And I cannot even discuss the palms! But I do love the "feel" of the room! How weird is that?? xo

Unknown said...

Love this room but without the jungle fever going on! Xo Nancy

Natasha Stevens said...

I believe that this home is actually in a Scandinavian country despite the tropical vibe. I wonder if the books and live trees were styled by the magazine.