Monday, January 21, 2013

New work


I finished a painting that seemed to take forever, this Saturday.
Its a biggie at 48 x 48 and titled "Brownian motion". The term Brownian motion references particle theory and the random motion of particles when suspended in a liquid or gas. I am kind of physics nerd but it spoke to my method. The painting had a very floral feel, which is OK but I am not in a floral mood. Carefully selected colors were applied in a some what random fashion to take this canvas out of the garden. Once I crossed that threshold, I could be more deliberate with my brush, but it was the randomness that gave it the feel I was looking for.


I also finished this group of  four 12 x 12 canvases that is titled "Swimming through Saturday"


My titles seem very cryptic to others but they generally relate to the mood or intent behind my painting.
Do titles mean anything to you when you look at art?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Kerry! Love the titles too, makes one think....

Unknown said...

I love your thought process and titles. Great productive weekend! Way to go! You are a machine! Hope you have a wonderful week and that youre feeling better!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Oh this makes me think of spring. "Swimming through Saturday" reminds me of an outfit I once wore.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I think the Titles add so much to what your piece is "Saying!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Kerry, they are beautiful...love the colors you used.

Heir and Space said...

Your work is absolutely breathtaking!!