Thursday, May 23, 2013

Where did my week go?


I think I might be overwhelmed. This month is the crazy, busiest in recent memory. I did finish this commission yesterday and I must say it was a fun one to paint.
The idea started out quite differently and neither me or the client were liking the painting I made a suggestion and she very sweetly let me run with it.
I used liquin impasto gel for the first time and was very pleased with the results.


This product added body without diluting the colors and it actually shortened the dry time.
I can't wait to see this one in its home.
The entry hall in this home is fantastic. I am talking about Quadrille China seas on two matching Chinoiserie stools, grasscloth and other gorgeousness.

 I had other posts planned that I still hope get up but for now laundry calls.

10 comments:

Vel Criste said...

this is gorgeous!!! blue is my favorite color and I love this Kerry! So many favorites already. Can't wait to see this hung too on her entry!

Woodside Park said...

I love this painting, Kerry! Really beautiful colors and movement. Hope we can see it in situ at your client's home.

My Notting Hill said...

This is one of my favorite paintings of yours - absolutely love it!

Raina Cox said...

What My Notting Hill said. Gorgeous!

Christina Baker said...

Kerry! This painting is outstanding!!!!

Unknown said...

I love it, too. Rave reviews I see!!! good job, and lots of fun. Congrats on the sale of your recent works!!!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Unknown said...

Kerry - I'm in agreement with the other commenters. This is a gorgeous piece - love the bold color palette!

Kim said...

Yep, I am a fan as well. Gorgeous. That damn laundry. It just keeps coming. I am happy it is almost summer so everyone will wear less!! xo

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Ignore the laundry for one more day, that's my plan at least. :) Love the colors you used in this piece!! Have a great weekend!

Amal -- Sybaritic Spaces said...

Love this painting!! Fab. amal