Nancy and Bethany of Powell Brower Home awarded me and 10 other fabulous bloggers the Liebster award.
There questions were so much fun. The coolest part of this is finding new (to you) blogs and "meeting" other really nice folks.
The rules are as follows:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator asks and then create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
3. Choose 11 people with under 200 followers to nominate and link to them.4. Go to their pages and let them know. (no tag backs)
11 Things about me
1. I have been married twice and my husband and I have 5 children between us. They are ages 20, 17,17,15, and 3.
2. I grew up in Fairfax county, Virginia.
3. I love to refinish furniture.
4. I can't ride a bike or whistle
5. Wall-to wall carpet grosses me out. Guess what is in 75% of my house?
6. I am kind of a germaphobe. Bleach plays a big part in my life and I am a hand-washing lunatic.
7. I rarely watch TV
8. I am very sentimental about certain belongings.
9. In my "former life" I was a computer geek.
10. I have a very irreverent, sarcastic, and probably offensive sense of humor.
11. My husband and I are true "foodies" and love unusual foods
1. What is your idea of the perfect day?
A sunny day, thrifting and antiquing with my husband. Luckily, we do that somewhat often.
2. What city/state do you live in?
3. What was your major in college?
Interior design but it was Art History first.
4. Tell us your favorite job you've held.
I pretty much have my dream job. I am a stay at home mom and an artist. I guess my other would have been the Down Quilt shop in the '80s. They made and sold high-end down products and did custom work, curtains, pillows, and duvet covers.
5. What would your dream vacation be?
A driving trip through France and Italy.
6. Who do you admire the most?
I admire my husband for leaving a good paying job that he hated for a back- breaking job as a butcher that he loves. He had to start at the bottom with all of the 20 year-olds but he has out shone and impressed everyone he works with and for.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A really sucessful artist.
8. What is your decorating style?
Definitely eclectic. I love traditional things but I am drawn to mid-century and ethnic things too.
9. Are you a city person or a country person?
10. What would your dream job be?
11. What is your go-to decorating store?
eBay for a deal on high-end fabric, Oriental rugs, and antiques.
11 Questions for my nominees
1. What is your favorite place to have visited?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What one expensive item for your home have you been saving for or recently splurged on?
4. What bad habit, that others have, really annoys you.
5. What celebrity do you most resemble?
6. Where did you grow up?
7. What is your favorite kids movie?
8. Do you prefer online shopping or real stores?
9. What and where is your favorite restaurant?
10. If you could live anywhere else, where?
11. Cake or pie?
Blogs I am nominating
OK so there aren't 11, but I feel ingenuine in nominating one I have never read before.
Lenny Lianne's Passport to Poetry (disclosure: this is my mom)