Monday, May 7, 2012

A sick joke


What do dinosaurs, a prom date, my father, and shingles have in common?


They are all coming to my house on Saturday.
My baby girl is turning three and she wants a "Dinosaur party" so we are having one.
Also my father and other family will be visiting.
My seventeen year-old son is going to prom too.
So you can imagine my to do list is quite long.

Oh yeah, shingles....
They have already arrived. 
I am not talking about the sort you put on a roof, I am sick. Really sick. I am still waiting for bloodwork because the doc wasn't convinced. So I don't actually know if its shingles.
I need to motor through the week regardless of how gross I look and the pain.
So I am going to take the week off from blogging. I will be back next week, I hope. 
 That's my sick joke.
 At least I can laugh about it and I hope you did too.

13 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh so sorry! Hope you feel better soon.

Nancy said...

OMG Kerry, I am so sorry! Wow, what a week ahead. Best of luck and let us know if you need a guest post of something we can do for you!!!! Best of luck. Much sympathy! I know how painful shingles can be!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Kris said...

I have had shingles and I know how painful they are!! My doctor prescribed some kind of burn cream that seemed to help with the burning sensation. I was miserable for at least 4 weeks! They went away slowly and I was able to go to work but I was miserable!

I hope your little girl has a lovely birthday party and that your son enjoys the prom...what a weekend! LOL

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Oh No!! Feel better!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Sorry about your illness, girl. I just noticed a "Shingles Shots" sign over at CVS this morning - maybe I should go get one?

Kerry @ Design du Monde said...

Thank you, everyone, for your well wishes. I have been told I do not have shingles but it it still undetermined. Another doc and more tests tomorrow.
Thanks again peeps!

An Urban Cottage said...

Feel better.

My Crafty Home Life said...

I'm so sorry. What a bummer. Be well.

The Pink Pagoda said...

I've had shingles twice and I know that what can appear to be shingles is sometimes staph which has become alarmingly common. Whatever you have, I hope you get over it very quickly! What a week to be unwell. So sorry!! Jennifer

Loi Thai, Tone on Tone said...

Dear Kerry - Feel better soon. So glad to hear it's not shingles. Keep us posted on tomorrow's results. I'm very sorry :-(
Loi

Kim said...

Oh Kerry!!! Feel better and I wish the best on the prognosis. Hopefully something that can be cured quickly and painlessly!

Cathy Wall said...

Oh Kerry! I hope you feel better... I hear shingles is a bear...
Enjoy all of the wonderful moments in your family, hopefully the joy in the distraction will alleviate the uncomfortableness of whatever is ailing you.

Nancy said...

Happy Mother's Day to a great mom...hope you're feeling better!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com