Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tell me, tell me

Amanda Nisbet
This Amanda Nisbet fabric, "Positano" got me thinking. Trouble is so did a bunch of other stuff. Today I am going to tell you about a few of my inspirations, cravings etc and I want to hear yours too.

The fabric made me want to make a wallpaper for my little girl's room. then I thought, "Duh just paint it".
Whaddaya think?
Also in the little girl world realm, is this fantastic shared space for blogger, Elizabeth of  Little Black Door's daughters. I am crazy about it.

ORC Little Black Door
My little girl's favorite color is green but it is not mine. I am really digging these green pillows here though. I already have mostly white bedding, pink and black velvet bolsters and a painted (ASloane graphite) dresser in her room. I really need to leave matchy-matchy world and incorporate some pattern and color.
Elizabeth did a bang up job of it.


One thing I love is is cheese grits. I am absolutely not allowing myself to eat such things at the moment but Oh how I would love to dive into that. It is so easy to make and comforting. 
I make them with regular Quaker grits following the directions and add as much or little Colby Jack cheese when the grits are done. Plus a sprinkle of garlic salt. Don't even think about using instant grits or fake cheese.
One reason that I will not indulge in such deliciousness is that I would like to wear this.


 If I can't wear a skirt in the next few weeks that Groundhog is in a world of trouble. Snow in March!
So tell me:
What are you dreaming of changing in your space?

What is knocking your socks off in blogland?

Made anything yummy lately?

Any fashion love to share?

Do you also want to kill that stupid groundhog?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

All of the above. I hate this weather and can't wait til it stabilizes. I love that colorful skirt! Want one! you should DEFINITELY paint Helen's room , at least the bed wall. What fun- yes yes! I am dreaming of finishing my living room gallery and starting on a powder room re-do at the moment. Have a great day, and eat some grits...you deserve it.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Thanks for the shout out Kerry, and I love your plans. :) Everything is better with grits and that skirt is too fab! Oh, and those green shams are from Stein Mart, totally cheap - go for it! :)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

My two cents...
Paint it. Little girls' favorite colors change!
You could do a fabulous lamp shade, or a window treatment in one of your dreamy fabrics!!!
Eat one bowl of the grits, buy a skirt and it will be fine!

Pura Vida said...

mmmmm....cheese grits and btw..when you get my age..no more denial! yay! love pink and green together and my current crush is the blue batik pillows I'm dreaming of to go on my pool furniture...dream because it's 35 degrees here!

Vel Criste said...

If it were me, I would wall paper, but Kerry, knowing what a genius you are at painting, GO FOR IT! I agree with you on Elizabeth's daughters room, it is wonderful. I am "dying" to renovate my kitchen for the summer, but have to take care of money business first. Also so want to wear my DRESSES and Skirts, but this frigid winter isn't going away in our place either!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Our weather here sucks too. Cold and rainy and even flurries yesterday. What? I love cheese grits too but they don't love my jeans. I have thought about hand-painting a diy version of that amanda nisbett wall myself. Have you see a similar treatment in Kelly Wearstler's foyer. Very cool.

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Woodside Park said...

I was just chatting with Tom about re-decorating!!! He replied: in your spare time??!! Seriously, I'm itching to re-do a couple of our rooms - stay tuned!
xo
Loi
PS - making Tuscan orange cake this week. I'm craving it :)

The Pink Pagoda said...

I haven't had cheese grits since I lived in Louisiana and I MISS THEM!! I'm wanting to finish one part of a room in my house and then I have three I'm dying to do. I just need a big pile o' money to fall from the sky and land in my lap : )