Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Emerald or navy?

I guess it depends on who you ask, Pantone or Beth.
Pantone has declared, Emerald, the color of the year 2013.


Beth of Chinoiserie Chic, has declared navy to be a better fit for the year of the Snake. 
I'm with Beth.

Pink Pagoda print

My reasoning has little to do with the fact that green is not my favorite color, in fact green is one step ahead of purple, which I can't even look at without making a face. I think navy is a better choice because it works well with the two previous year's picks, Honeysuckle (pink), and Tangerine Tango.


I love pink and orange so much that I combined them in one of my fabrics. 

Look how great they are with navy.



All three would work too.


I have gray sofa in my family room and I have been fretting about what new pillows to add. I think the navy orange, pink combo is the way to go.
 I will use my Escher Pagoda in Tangerine for the face and a navy linen for the back and piping.

I found this very affordable linen on Fabric.com

So do you agree with Beth or Pantone?

7 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I agree with the Navy. Ir works beautifully with the other colors.
I love the Emerald Green look. It can look fabulous!.... but I can't wear it , so I can't live in it!

Pura Vida said...

so strange...I don't like green either, but I have a huge entire HUGE wall that very color...Jerico actually...and just ordered some INDIGO pillows...for a different room. What happened to white?

charmaine said...

I love both colors but I agree with you - navy, pink and orange!!!

Kristie said...

I'm not a fan of green or of last years orange so I think they should have made this year Navy too! I love that color!

Vel Criste said...

My favorite color has always been blue. But since I'm gonna try to be "bold" and "daring", I would choose Pantone over Beth for this year. I've started with my clothes and accessories so far and I love the green on me. Now, about my home, since I have your gorgeous fabric, maybe Navy might not be a bad choice for me at all too! :-)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love navy and think that Pantone will be naming it as color of the year for 2014. I really like green, and the two together are great. It's all good.

Unknown said...

I'm navy all the way, but I'm going to get out of my box and use some vivid green this year. That emerald hue is about the only green I like. You've got to use your Esher fabric ! You aren't changing those fabulous yellow curtains are you? I love them in your family room!
xo Nancy
Powellbrower.com