Thursday, January 10, 2013

4 Favortite Chinoiserie fabrics

I am obsessing over fabric...again.
When the teens don't clean their rooms, complete their chores satisfactorily or otherwise make me crazy, I daydream about stuff I want.
Chinoiserie goodies of all sorts top my list. I thought I would round up my favorite Chinoiserie fabrics for some daydreaming fodder.
Let's start with an icon that is my #1 favorite of all fabrics anywhere.


Brunschwig and Fils Le Lac tops them all and it comes in other colorways like this swanky blue.


Don't even get me started on how fantastic David Hicks' Vase is.


That pink one is calling me.


Chiang mai, it has dragons, flowers, and porcelain. What could be better?

The last is "Tea house" from Thibaut.


I really love this fabric and think the black or brown colorways are the nicest. I considered using it for my living room curtains but went a simpler route instead.

Thibaut house some other wonderful Chinoiserie fabrics and wallpaper in their Tea House collection like "lanterns" and "meridian" that are worth a look.


What would you add to my list?

7 comments:

charmaine said...

Love chinoiserie fabric. My 2 faves are Nanjing fabric by Schumacher and Pagoda by Manuel Canovas.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

They are all great. Wish I could figure out how to incorporate them into the BLH.

The Pink Pagoda said...

All so gorgeous! I'd add Jim Thompson's Qinglong.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Love all of these....Have you seen the new Mary McDonald fabric for Schumacher? Its gorgeous....

Karena said...

Adore the Canovas Pagoda. I could see an entry or powder room ion the black Ea House.Generally while loving all things Chinoiserie, I am getting away from the busier patterns like Le Lac which used to be my fave!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Love all of your picks and would add Thomas Paul's overscale pagodas fabric (the name escapes me right now) Waverly's Formosa and Canton Bazaar, and Kerry Steele's Escher Pagoda!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Vel Criste said...

always been a fan of chang mai, one day, I'll incorporate that fabric in my decor. :-) totally understand your obsession though