Thursday, April 24, 2014

ORC-week four-Etsy score!


Linda at Calling it Home has created this fabulous One Room Challenge on Wednesdays and its crazy lil' sister the ORC linking event on Thursdays. Check 'em out!

This is week 4, aka "holy shit!" week. The week where participants say to their significant other in a shrill tone, "You HAVE TO help me_________ NOW!"  The week of no dinners and perhaps a bit more wine than is good.
If you missed them here are my  week one, week two and week three.
Actually, I learned from the last time to tell ask Mr. Designdumonde to attend to a few things early on and they have been accomplished. So no screaming over here.
 But! Shipping folks don't care about my ORC problems, therefore, the DIY
I was going to show you ain't happening right now because FedEX and a certain store have delayed and delayed the ship date of the item to be DIYed. 
Drat! (I actually said something much worse)
So here is the plan once again.


So I will show you my how my Etsy cart and a local store helped me in this room refresh.
 She already has the yellow chevron curtains and some blue and white porcelain that I scored at a local consignment store so my job was to find more blue and yellow items to complete the look.


I saw these darlings on Etsy and it took me about a tenth of a second to start checkout. Yay team yellow!


This pillow in John Robshaw fabric came from the Etsy shop Sierra Pillows

This one is from Festive Home Decor on Etsy. 2 points for team blue!
Blue is kind of winning because I bought 2 of these also but who cares because its blue, right?

Pillow from Royal Furnish

My favorite piece was not found on Etsy at all but in another local consignment store. I just couldn't wait any longer to show you.

 Could you die!!? Well, this dummy looked at it and walked out of the store thinking, "I don't need a mirror" and didn't go back for like 5 days! One night lying in bed I started to think about the mirror, which was only $50 BTW, and thought to myself, "You are crazy stupid, Kerry. You can't get a good mirror at a big box store for that price!" The next day I crossed fingers and headed back, sure it was gone. In a matter of minutes it was mine. Yay!!
The idea was to mix preppy, boho, and modern while accommodating her fickle ways and and budding art business and I think I am getting there with the mix of accessories I have so far.

 I would not spill all of my secrets on week 4 so stop by next week to see more of my plan unfold.


Like Design du Monde on Facebook for blog updates
Like Kerry Steele Art on Facebook to see my latest artwork
Follow me on Instagram to see paintings in progress

31 comments:

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Love the pillows, love the mirror, love the bowls!! Blue and yellow is so classic and fresh and you've got a great vibe going with it. Have fun this week!

Improvement List said...

What great items you picked out! Love etsy for great finds like that. And so glad you went back for that mirror...and that it was still there! It is definitely one of a kind.

Unknown said...

I'm in love with the bowls! I need to start shopping at Etsy more! I can't wait to see the big reveal!

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

You are having some AMAZING luck at finding some good stuff at your thrift shops lately! Send some of that karma this way!

Unknown said...

The mirror was meant to be! Love all of your finds, and especially the fresh combo of yellow and navy, looking good! Hopefully the "shipping folks" will hold up their end of the bargain and get your stuff to you pronto!

Krista @ Goodwill Glam said...

First of all, I'm in love with that mirror! So great! I'm also loving all the navy and yellow...so crisp! Can't wait to see it all!

XO,
Krista
www.goodwillglam.com

SHERRY HART said...

Of course you had to go back and get that mirror...silly girl! I adore the blue pillows and yellow has definitely been on my radar lately....

Nancy said...

me thinks I should plan a trip to Virginia because your thrift stores there ROCK the house. good girl for going back to score that mirror. major find!

charmaine said...

I'm so glad you got the LaBarge mirror! Whew! Can't wait to see the final reveal.

Brandi said...

So glad the mirror was still there waiting for you. Love your new pillows!

Unknown said...

Thank goodness that mirror was still there or I would have had a hard time forgiving you! Loving your etsy finds too!!

Karena said...

Great mirror Kerry and I am so glad you were able to get it!! Super score!

xoxo Karena
The Arts by Karena

Carrie said...

That mirror is awesome! I'm so glad it was still there for your room.

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

GREAT mirror! I'm on a mad search for one and nothing is jumping out at me!

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

I love the mirror and that John Robshaw pillow fabric!

aquahaus said...

Holy shit week is right. The blue and yellow is just so fab. Love it. That mirror too!

Unknown said...

I just LOVE everything about your plan...just fabulous!

Kim said...

Why oh Why do we continue to question ourselves? We totally know a good buy when we see it and I am thrilled that your mirror was still there. Yes, things like this wake me in the early hours as well!! Love the vibe!!

Eris @ The Pink House Reno said...

Girl you are so right! I think I even used the word "threatened" in my blog :) Luckily, my husband knows its mostly the wine talking to him. Love that mirror!

Andrea said...

I cannot believe it is Week Four... I've put my husband to work as well! :) I love all of your sunny, cheerful finds, and I cannot wait to see the final results!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Anonymous said...

This room is going to look amazing once you're done with it! Love blue and yellow...can never go wrong with it.

pam {simple details} said...

HA! I just read your opening paragraph to my husband, who thinks I'm over-the- top frantic! You had me holding my breath hoping you didn't miss out on the mirror! Yay, it's fabulous, as is all of your plan!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

That mirror is killer - what a find! And how is it that after five days it was still there? Must have been meant to be yours! Loving all of your blue and yellow goodness too!

sheerserendipity said...

Love the pillows and that mirror is awesome! This room is going to look great!

Stacey {steward of design} said...

Love the mirror! Great price too. Looking forward to week 6 and see everything.

Connie in Hartwood said...

Preaching the wonders of local consignment stores is not helping my resolve to simplify things around here! (Pray tell, which shops are you talking about ... remember, I'm local.)

I thought for about 45 seconds about putting my name in the hat for this round of ORC. Remembered that this is rose and garden season, and that I would NOT have either the time or energy to work on a house project. Perhaps a GARDEN room next time. :)

Anyway, I love what you have done so far. Hoping that your DIY item gets to you soon.
Connie

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

LOVE the pillows!!! And your consignment shop mirror is gorgeous...what a steal! Glad it was still there...it was meant to be. Love you plans and can't wait to see it all finished!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

You did so well on Etsy, those bowls are so adorable. Thankfully, you grabbed that mirror, total score. Looks really great so far.

kate@willowinteriors said...

LOL! Gotta love week 4! Adorable bowls and pillows and that mirror is amazing!!! So glad u went back for it!

Unknown said...

Great job so far and love your finds! Good luck with the rest. xo Nancy

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I can't tell you how many times I've done that. Thought, I don't need that, and then a few hours realized how perfect it would be in X spot. So glad it was still there for you! And I love your Etsy pillow finds!!