Thursday, April 10, 2014

ORC- The plan and color scheme


I am a linking participant in Calling it Home's One room Challenge and it is week 2!
I left out my inspiration board last week because I just had not wrapped my head around what I was going to do. 
Things may still change but we are keeping the bed, curtains and loveseat.
The desk situation is still up in the air with no chair in sight. Why is it that when you don't need a chair you see 50 really cool chairs for around 50 cents or something and when you need one there is nothing?

So far I am on budget with lots of goodies and surprises for my daughter (and you).
Her walls and much of her furniture is white and we already have the yellow and white chevron curtains. You may remember from last week the goofy color scheme that was all over the place.
Since I am also keeping the bed that is a warm gray/linen color, I have to factor that in.
The colors will look like this:


 As I said, I will be keeping the linen and yellow in the room but I will brighten the look with a healthy dose of blue and white fabrics, art and accessories. I am also going to add a smattering of gold/ brass too.

 I have made some major thrifting scores like the blue and white porcelain I featured on Monday.

 I still have work to do but at least I know where its all going.
  • Desk and chair situation resolved
  • Implement new color scheme
  • Find storage for records
  • Find storage for cosmetics
  • Create gallery wall
  • Accessorize within new color scheme
Head on back to Calling it Home to see all of the cool stuff going on in the other linking participant's rooms.

Like Design du Monde on Facebook for blog updates
Like Kerry Steele Art on Facebook to see my latest artwork
Follow me on Instagram to see paintings in progress

30 comments:

Songthatdoesntend said...

I love your color palette! I am also happy to learn you have decided on a new color scheme.

Improvement List said...

The color scheme looks great. Isn't it always nice to have a plan!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Kerry, I love this design plan. That piece of art is a stunner. Lucky girl.

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

Your design plan is great! I love the color scheme. So fresh

Unknown said...

Love how you have pulled together a cohesive look, can't wait to see what surprises are in store as things come together in your daughter's room!

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

It's going to look great! I love the direction you're going!

kate@willowinteriors said...

Blue & white, brass and your artwork will equal perfection! Can't wait to see more!

mrs. V | Chez V said...

The plan looks great but as usual, your artwork will steal the show!

Nancy said...

love the double happiness you scored. your daughter's room will rock! a ghost chair is the first thing that came to mind with the desk on your board...
here's a budget friendly one:
http://www.staples.com/Flash-Furniture-Ghost-Chair-With-Arms-Transparent-Crystal/product_256977

this one may be too edgy (but it made think a teen might like it :)) it comes in clear or this:
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Elia-Dark-Acrylic-Modern-Swivel-Chair/6739213/product.html?refccid=4B4SYEQPFVHL7U2BZXYMOW5PXU&searchidx=0

cant wait to see the final reveal :)

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Kerry, I love this combination of colors and can't wait to see the art work that you create for the room!

Unknown said...

Amazing plan! Can't wait to see it come together!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That yellow makes me so happy. I'm loving your plan!

Linda Pakravan said...

Love these colors and your plan!

Rebecca { MyDarlingHouse} said...

Those are the most cheerful curtains ever! And good score on the blue and white!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Really love the colors and patterns you are going with here and that painting really just makes me happy... :)

Tiffany said...

That artwork is so awesome. Love your colors!

Unknown said...

Kerry I know what you mean about finding what you're searching for at the right time. Feast or famine! Totally on board with the color scheme and most looking forward to seeing the art in the space!!

Unknown said...

Love the colors and I adore the blue and white items! So classic!

Andrea said...

Oh, Kerry! This is so beautiful!! I absolutely LOVE the color scheme and how you tied in your daughter's beautiful art as well. And of course the blue and white pieces are fantastic! I still cannot get over how perfect that slotted piece is for the paint brushes.

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Unknown said...

love the color-scheme updates...classic blue and white is so pretty! dana

Unknown said...

Kerry, I love your workup! I cant wait to start following your progress! That Blue and white collection is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Can never go wrong with blue and white. Very lovely indeed.

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I love the colors. And that bed? to die for.

Stacey {steward of design} said...

Great color scheme. It should be a fun room when you're done.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about the dearth of chairs when you need one. Your mood board looks great. Lucky girl!

sheerserendipity said...

I love everything you have chosen so far and your color scheme is beautiful!

Tricia said...

I love it all! Especially the elephant touches. Good luck finding that perfect chair - I know exactly what you mean!
Tricia // Suburban Bitches

Krista @ Goodwill Glam said...

I love the color palate! Sometimes deciding on a color direction is the hardest part, isn't it?! That was my goal for this week and I think I finally narrowed it down. So glad to have found you through the ORC!

XO,
Krista
www.goodwillglam.com

Carrie said...

Very exciting! I like where you are going with the room!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.