Monday, September 30, 2013

Randomess

HERE

Today I am just posting unrelated photos of a few new  5 x 7 pieces while I tell you about my weekend.
I was hard at work on my son's room redo that I will be showing you on Thursday as part of Linda's Linking participant ORC.
The room isn't even done but I got so excited I emailed photos to my son, Mr. Death Metal Maniac, which is the name on his email profile and new to me. Nothing makes a mother prouder.

HERE

Mr. DMM also answered his phone, a rare occurrence, and told me all about his college classes. I was pleased to hear that he is crazy busy. He was also surprised to hear that I was redoing his room ( I only talked about it all summer) and that I have a website. I don't know how he crosses the street.

HERE

Saturday, my husband was home, another rare occurrence. We decided on an impromptu dinner out and nixed Oktoberfest in downtown Fredericksburg in favor of Culpeper. Culpeper, Virginia is about 40 minutes from my house and is a quaint little town in horse country. There is a restaurant that we had heard about and just not ever bothered to visit. I mean it is just Culpeper, right?
Boy, have we been missing out. The dinner was amazing and I am not easy to impress in the food department.
This is what we ate:
Crispy pork belly on rhubarb compote bruschetta
Grilled Lamb Steak served on a Citrus Braised Eggplant and finished with a Cardamom Scented Yogurt
 Pan seared Tuna  with roasted red pepper and golden raisin reduction
 Coffee and Chocolate Covered Almond Ice Cream
Chocolate Pots au creme 

It was heaven.
How was you weekend?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear J is doing well at school! I have recently discovered old town Culpeper and it is wonderful! I am dying to go back. Your dinner sounds amazing and so glad you are having fun! Did I tell you Im going to Italy next week? The opportunity of a lifetime fell on me and Im off! Catch up soon.
xo Nancy

Unknown said...

Kerry, some of this sounds very familiar. I think at one point one of my daughters screen names was evil bloody angel. Charming. She will grow out of this dark stage, right?

Vel Criste said...

Mr. DMM is typical teen/young adult at their 'finest'! hahaha! I too am doing a teen room, so hope to see yours this coming ORC! Love the painting by the way and glad you had a great weekend. Mine was pretty fun, especially for the little one who got to high-five with Stitch and Mr. Incredible after we watched Disney on Ice!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Your paintings are fantastic as always and your dinner sounds divine!! Can't wait to see Mr. DMM's room!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Inquiring minds want to know what the restaurant was! We treated ourselves to dinner on Saturday at our favorite place in Georgetown, 1789. Amazing as always -one of my favorites I always recommend for special occasions. Foie Gras with cherry jam and honey to start(amazing) and a red snapper were my picks.

Woodside Park said...

Mmmmmmm! Sounds absolutely yummy! And what lovely little masterpieces - perfect on a tabletop.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love your 5 x 7"s. They are the perfect size. That tuna sounds wonderful. Thanks for the mention, I can't wait to see his former(?) room.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That is one good weekend in my book!

An Urban Cottage said...

That dinner sounds amazing!

I first thought the pink painting was a watercolor. So fluid and spontaneous. That's a little gem!

Nicole said...

I started following your blog because I love your art, but am totally sticking around for the daily laughs. You are hilarious!

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Love the little paintings! So cute and pretty!

Kim said...

Kerry, I love you "little art" on your table top ... very inspiring, a look I might be stealing, um borrowing! xo