Thursday, November 29, 2018

Using photos for inspiration

A few years ago I wrote a post about using my flower photos for painting inspiration.



I took those photos and translated them like this.


or this.



But these days I take my paintings elsewhere with the abstraction of the flowers.

"Serendipity" is a further abstraction of these roses.


Also, I've abstracted others in this way.


From these flowers to this painting.

"More" 36 x 48

You can see that I use a lot of imagination in my creating in terms of colors and brush strokes.

"Finding Autumn" 30 x 48
In "Finding Autumn" I had to use a bit more imagination on looking up at the sky through changing color leaves because our leaves barely change color.


I was thinking of this photo for "The new pink"


I find my flower photos very inspiring.


What do you find inspiring in your work?

No comments: