Thursday, August 14, 2014

Decisions, decisions


Do you ever stop yourself from buying something you love thinking that its use is too limited?
I almost did that last Spring while redoing my daughter's room.

painting/chair/planter/pillow /pouf/desk

I walked away from this fab mirror that was a mere $50. All I could think was, "I don't need a mirror" and "What if she hates it? Then I am stuck."
Silly me. I saw that mirror in vignettes on Pinterest and it reminded me that I won't necessarily always be in this house and they are growing up and leaving so I will other places to use the mirror when circumstances change. Luckily, my short-sightedness did not hurt. The mirror was still at the store a few days later.

I put together this board to see how I might use it in an entryway or little office nook. Can we just talk about that pouf? It was love at first sight. I was thinking I should just buy it or two then I saw the price. Yikes!

Have you ever walked away from a purchase that you are kicking yourself over?


6 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Good call. I've had that very thing happen to me. I've been lucky and found the item still there about 40% of the time. That mirror will look good anywhere!

Nancy said...

that happens to me all. the. time. now if the return policy is good I get it knowing that I might return it rather than regret it and go back for it but its gone. love the design board :)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Yes, I have walked away only to regret it later!
I now try and stop and think! Maybe it's worth the purchase, I can find a place someday, somehow.

Vel Criste said...

All the time, but glad you changed your mind about the mirror kerry, it's elegant and for $50, it's a steal!

Unknown said...

Yes I have and I would have kicked myself to miss that beauty! xo Nancy

ArchitectDesign™ said...

yes way too often for my own mental sanity!! haha