Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Summer into Fall with art


I don't exactly change my decor with the seasons. Maybe my choice of tablecloth varies by season but nothing specific. The seasons do inspire my artwork though.
I have been using my vacation pictures, both old and new, to inspire a series of casual, almost primitive set of watercolor paintings.
The beach scene above sold in the blink of an eye via social media but I am working on more.


These sailboat paintings are a tiny 4 x 5 mounted on 5 x 6 rag board.
It is pretty tough to think about warm, cozy Fall when the temps are still in the mid-90s but I was asked to contribute to an October show at the Corner Gallery in Norfolk, Va.




The theme is color and form so I have three figures just waiting for hanging day.


Incorporating colors I rarely use is a good way to stretch artistically.
This abstract has the summery title, "Tigerlily" but I think the colors bridge the gap between the seasons.


How do you decorate for Fall?

2 comments:

Karena said...

Kerry I can see why the first painting sold so quickly,love the summer beach vibe!! Of course they are all wonderful!!

xoxo
Karen
The Arts by Karena

Anonymous said...

Hi! Do you have an email?
Thanks