Thursday, June 18, 2015

An art-filled little girl's room


You may have seen this lovely watercolor by Ellen Levine Dodd on Instagram. It is the newest piece of art in our collection and was a birthday gift from Mr. Designdumonde to our daughter for her 6th birthday. Seems like a strange gift for a 6 year-old but we have worked to fill her room with art and she has requested some of it.


Quite a few pieces are my own but I do my best to add variety.



On the console to the left is one of my many pieces by Sally Kelly. These were the start of the collection in her room.
A flower painted by her older sister and one of her own also add to the vignette.


Above the console table is a newer abstract of mine. I originally had a painting by Jenny Andrews there but the scale was wrong and it looks far better just outside the door on our newly painted gray walls, hinting at the art to come.



Above my daughter's bed is a painting I did years ago but just could not part with.



Curtains - Serena and Lily
Beds - Antique
Side chair - vintage
Wall color- Benjamin Moore Key Pearl
Bedding - Martha Stewart and custom
Console -Target


These tiny watercolor paintings are just gorgeous. You can get your own at Anne Neilson fine art, Serena and Lily or by contacting Ellen.


4 comments:

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

What a beautiful and happy place for a little girl to live.

Karena said...

Dear Kerry it is such a lovely and varied collection of art for your daughter!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Closer: Michael Clinton

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Such a pretty room! I think it is terrific that she appreciates art at such a young age! Of course, having a talented artist as a mother helps!
I have a Sally Kelly painting, too! (Thinking I must have found her work through you - I could never remember how I found her. I think you've solved the mystery!) :)

LPC said...

Just beautiful. So fountain-like. And I love the color of her walls!