Monday, May 11, 2015

What is your "safe" color

A "safe" color is the color that you end up with in a the case of indecision. When you love the red chair but worry where to put it and you get the oatmeal fabric instead.


In looking around my own house I realized that my "safe" color is black. I have caught myself thinking, "Well, I can always move it to another room if it's black."





I have painted furniture black, chosen black lampshades and fabrics, and moved that black chair from room to room.
So tell me, what is your "safe" color?

12 comments:

Segreto Secrets said...

I usually go to gray. There is a perfect combination of blue/gray/green which I call Bley-Green!!
xo Leslie

home before dark said...

I'm thinking red is my safe color, followed by black.

Karena said...

I would have to say red as well. Black may be safe however it adds such a touch of sophisticated flair, Kerry!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Bunnies by Hunt Slonem

Charlotte Skinner said...

Aaaah yes, the safety color! Creamy white. It's my go-to peaceful color, followed by shades of grey, navy and black.

LPC said...

Clear? Ha! The only thing I feel safe with at this stage in my learning process is glass:).

therelishedroost said...

I think a warm white or camel seems to be amy safety color!

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

My safe color is a linen or tan-ish color.
Wish I had the guts to make something like ORANGE my safe color! (Ok - maybe orange is not a good choice! But you get my point!)

Dianne said...

Orange/rust is my safe color followed by oatmeal and brown. I tend to keep things earthy!

Kim said...

Orange ... I have found that I can move my orange chair anywhere in my house and it feels at home!

designchic said...

Neutrals are definitely my safety cool, but love a touch of black or gold! Happy weekend ~

Unknown said...

I learned early on: "a touch of red in a room is a must! Like lipstick"

All colors are safe to me.....it is the brilliance of "unsafe" colors that make magnificent! Andean! And brilliant!!!

Get over "safe"!!!! Don't hide there! Go!!!

Unknown said...

"autocorrect" (don't we love them? NOT) made up "Andean" from "and clean"