Friday, October 24, 2014

Interior doors-a before and after

I know y'all love a good before and after. This is a small one that is part of a major undertaking that we have begun before we sell our house.

I see a white door and I want to paint it black

Our interior doors are white...yawn. A few years ago, I suggested to Mr. Designdumonde that a budget friendly upgrade might involve painting all 27 of these doors black. He politely told me that he was not on board. Well, actually not politely.

doors to my studio

Fast forward to "return on investment time" and we are adding touches to make our house stand out.
It sort of reminds me of the time I wanted to paint my dated kitchen cabinets white and Mr. D said something like, "Are you crazy, woman! I am not painting all that!!!" Then when it was time to sell, he had this great idea to paint the cabinets. So go our adventures.
The walls in all of the entry, kitchen, family room and upstairs hall will be painted a pale gray because it is a partially open plan house.

My studio doors are now black.
2 down. 25 to go.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your husband sounds so much like mine, Kerry!

My Notting Hill said...

Looking good!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

LOVE the black doors - hopefully your husband realized you were right ;-)
So you're MOVING?!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Why are all husbands like that? Especially when they are proven wrong time and again. The doors look great!

Vel Criste said...

Join the club Kerry! Your making me wanna paint my doors now. :-)

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Feed them the thought then sit back and let it become theirs. Yep! Works every time. I want that mirror by the way. I'm not sure I'd do all 27 of the doors black but I do really like these and the front door as well.

Dianne said...

What a difference. Love it!

Stacey said...

Love it and the pretty mirror stands out even more now!

Nancy said...

Nice! I did this to our front door a few years ago...the old owners painted the outside blue and left the inside white. so weird. I painted both sides a darker color and it was amazing what a difference it made inside the entry way. hoping the next 25 go quickly and smoothly :) you should have a paint party and invite your girlfriends over with the promise of some wine and treats...just saying it might fun :)

Windlost said...

Omg stunning. How high are your ceilings. Looks airy and lofty there. I still owe you an email about charleston. Xoxo

Windlost said...

PS. Love the Rolling Stones corrupted quote. Clever girl. Xo

Unknown said...

Love the black doors. Look really great!
Domestic cleaning Ealing

House@heart said...

oh my God! All husbands are so much alike, wether they are American, Romanian, or Japanese!! My always says that too when it comes to work I ask him to do!:)
I loved the doors white, I love them more black! Great idea!:)
Ozana

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

oh how fun! it already looks more custom!! good luck with the rest!!